Determined that British voters must have a Referendum on the EU, David’s Eurosceptic record cannot be matched by anyone else. As now, he will fight for your and Britain’s interests in Brussels as he seeks to reduce the burden of that remote and bloated bureaucracy.
“It is a pleasure to have David come back to the Conservative fold, he has given us a great deal of help in fighting UKIP.”
David Finch, Leader of Essex County Council
What I believe in:
- Britain must withdraw from the EU political union & have a trade-only relationship. Only the Conservative Party can achieve this – not UKIP
- Being tough on immigration – it’s about space not race
- Strong defence and larger armed forces
- Scrapping the perverse Human Rights Act so we can deport evil terrorists & criminals
- Benefits for the needy not the workshy
- Prioritising the East of England for support
- Promoting East Anglia’s smaller businesses as well as larger companies
- Lowering taxes and cutting energy bills to promote growth
- Decent pensions & elderly care
- Upholding traditional Conservative policies such as grammar schools, not Metropolitan policies such as gay marriage.
“I am very pleased that we can welcome David Campbell Bannerman back to the Conservative Party. The Conservative Party is bringing in people who want to work in the national interest to sort out Britain’s problems. I am sure David Campbell Bannerman will be a valuable member of our team in the European Parliament.”
Rt Hon William Hague MP, Foreign Secretary
What have I done for you?
- Helped gain In/Out EU Referendum through No. 10 & Cabinet Minister advice and a book
- Regular interviews on BBC Radio 4, TV News, local radio & press
- Supported district and county elections across Eastern Counties with a ‘How to Fight UKIP’ memo
- Frequently highlighted danger of EU Superstate
- Voted against bad EU legislation
- Campaigned in Police Commissioner (PCC) elections
- Spoken at many Party fundraising events
- Key role in Trade and Defence Committees
of European Parliament
- Helped many constituent issues
- Twenty three year Conservative Party service as Adviser in John Major’s Government, local councillor, Westminster candidate and Head of Bow Group think tank (eg members Lilley, Howard & Macgregor).
“As ever, the work you are doing on behalf of the Conservative Party is greatly appreciated, as is your determined promotion of an EU Referendum. Keep up the good work.”
Charles Walker MP, Member of Parliament for Broxbourne
What will I do for you?
- Take the battle to UKIP in the Euro Elections 2014 – I’m uniquely placed to know UKIP inside and out
- Make case for EU withdrawal (two-thirds of Conservatives want Out) but back our ‘Renegotiation or Out’ policy
- Work hard for Conservative victory in 2015 General Election
- Use my communications career experience to campaign in the media
- Continue to oppose EU Superstate and bad EU legislation
- Continue to be strong team player, supporting councillors, associations, PCCs & MPs
- Continue to help constituents effectively
- Continue to hold EU to account in trade, defence and other bodies
- Continue to push for immigration controls and better policies
- Campaign for road & rail improvements, e.g. A14 widening, bypasses & rail links to docks.
“Thank heavens that we still have folk with backbone, you’re a credit to your country.”
Stephen G, Eastern Counties Constituent